Avid Media Composer 2018
Avid is pleased to announce that the May release of Media Composer 2018 was made available on Thursday, May 10th at 3 PM EDT. This update was made available from Avid Master Accounts, Application Manager, and the Avid Download Center (login and password required).
An update to Media Composer | First 2018 was released at the same time, and is available from Avid Master Accounts and Application Manager.
These software updates contain a number of important bug fixes, including but not limited to:
- With the release of Mac OS v10.13.x (High Sierra), Media Composer could not write (i.e. capture, import, render) to the system drive. This has been fixed.
- AMA Export File Insert Edit did not work unless you selected all tracks in the sequence or clip.
- In some instances, you might have heard audio corruption on XDCAM linked media.
- (Interplay) Sometimes Color Correction presets were inadvertently checked in.
- In some instances, an MXF OP-atom file displayed as a linked video file when it was an imported file. Selecting the file might have resulted in an Exception error.
- The file extension did not always change when you modified Export settings.
- In some instances, a crash report window would display after you opened the Media Creations Settings.
- (Avid DNxIO) In some instances, Audio meters did not work when scrubbing with Caps Lock on.
- A Chroma Sub Sampling column has been added that will display the sub sampling rate for media.
- SDI Embedded DVITC output stopped when you opened the Audio Mixer Tool.
- In some instances, after transcoding a clip, the ARRI LUT was not applied correctly.
- In some instances, clicking the Markers button at the bottom left of the create Marker window, opened an old-style version of the Marker Tool window.
- Even after XDCAM clips were consolidated, they would relink back to the removal media drive once the removable drive was browsed again.
- (Media Composer | Cloud) In some instances, the editing application crashed after a remote download finished when you relinked to the downloaded media.
- When creating an XML output from the List Tool, the Marker data was incorrect for Opticals if you had effects on clips.
- You might have received a “Standard Exception” error when transcoding linked AVCHD clips.
- Instead of a non-descriptive error appearing, you will receive a “Warning: Some of the tracks are locked” when trying to edit into a locked track.\(Mac) The editing application exited from Full Screen Play when you saved changes.